Friday, November 23, 2012

Sopapilla Cheesecake

This recipe is one of my favorite recipes to make for a get-together. It's fast, easy, and everyone loves it! My husband says this is his favorite dessert that I make (and I make a lot of desserts).



Now, don't freak out when you read the ingredients. Yes, this is unhealthy. It's a dessert. I don't recommend eating it on a daily basis (although it's so delicious I wish I could). As a once-in-a-while treat, I feel like it's okay to indulge. :)

*Scroll to the bottom of the post to download a printable version of the recipe.

You will need:
2 pkgs crescent rolls (I like to get Pillsbury's seamless dough, which is their regular crescent roll dough, but it's not pre-cut into triangles).
2 8-oz pkgs cream cheese, softened
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 stick butter, melted (real butter works better than margarine for this recipe)
1/2 C sugar mixed with 1 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 pan, unroll 1 pkg crescent roll dough.


Smooth it out in the bottom of the pan.


Put cream cheese, 1 C sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl.


Stir by hand until well blended. It will look something like this:


Mmmm, just look at that gooey deliciousness. I could just eat this stuff with a spoon.
Spread this mixture on top of the crescent roll layer.


Unroll the second package of crescent roll dough on top of the cream cheese layer.


Pour the melted butter over the top. The butter will pool up in certain areas. This is fine; use a spoon or spatula to spread it out as evenly as possible, but it doesn't have to be perfect.


Take the cinnamon-sugar mixture and sprinkle all over the top. The 1/2 C I listed is a guesstimate; I don't actually measure that part. If you feel like 1/2 C just isn't going to cut it, mix up some more. It'll be fine.


Bake for 30 minutes and you're done! You should see this golden-brown goodness, and as it cools the cinnamon and sugar will become crispy like a sopapilla.


I would recommend storing the cheesecake in the refrigerator if you will not be serving it for a while. Personally, I like to eat mine warm, but it is also delicious cold.


I hope you and yours enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment